Translated by elcreto
Xangle’s Take on the Market This Week
- The crypto market enjoyed another strong week off the back of growing expectations for the Fed’s pause.
- The top gainers were NFT (+15%) and games/metaverse (+13%) sectors, getting a jolt from a spike in Axie Infinity (+38%) amid mounting expectations for its new builders program.
- Aptos ripped more than 128% higher without much noticeable momentum, landing 2nd place in the top gainers’ list. The recent upside across the crypto space is considered to have boosted investor confidence, luring speculative demand from mostly retail investors.
TON to Vote on Suspension of 195 Inactive Mining Addresses for 4 Years
Toncoin validators will vote on at least 4-year suspension of inactive mining wallets without a single transaction on the chain in an attempt to optimize token economics.
Mango Labs Files a Lawsuit to Claim Back the Entire Amount Stolen
Mango Markets developer Mango Labs sued Avraham Eisenberg for damages, the hacker who drained $114M from the platform, in order to recoup the remaining losses from the exploit.
Temperature Check Open for Deployment of Uniswap on BNB Chain
Plasma Labs has initiated a temperature check vote for a proposal to deploy Uniswap v3 on the BNB Chain.
SushiSwap to Launch a Perpetual DEX on Sei
SushiSwap is launching a perpetual futures exchange on the Sei Layer 1 blockchain.
SushiSwap Community Passes a Governance Proposal on Trading Fees
The Sushi DAO voted in favor of a proposal to redirect all trading frees from xsushi holders to the project’s treasury.
dYdX Postpones Token Unlock to December
dYdX delayed its token unlocks initially scheduled for Feb to Dec.
Doodles 2 to Move to Flow Blockchain
Doodles is debuting the Doodles 2 collection slated for the end of the month on Flow, instead of Ethereum.
MARBLEX Releases Membership NFTs
Marblex has released membership NFT MARBLERSHIP.
Axie Infinity Price Shoots Up on the Back of Builders Program Launch Signal
The price of AXS has zoomed nearly 40% in a week since Axie Infinity co-founder Jeffrey Zirlin signaled the release of a new builders program.
Link: Jeffrey Zirlin’s tweet
Amazon May Make a Foray into Crypto in Apr
Amazon is reportedly planning to launch an NFT service in Apr, embarking on a journey into crypto.
Moody’s Preps Stablecoin Scoring System
Moody’s, one of the three major global credit ratings agencies, is reportedly working on a scoring system for stablecoins.
Circling Tether - Doomberg
U.S. regulatory authorities may regulate Tether, considering the history of their zero tolerance to counterfeit bills.
Link: Circling Tether
Previous Weekly Reports
- [Weekly Xangle] Greenlight for STO, Polygon Hard Fork, DOSI’s LN Payment Support, and More
- 2023 Crypto Outlook: Antifragile
- South Korea Crypto Market Report 2022